Best friends Ross Taylor and Rod Garnham founded Corkers in 2010, diversifying the family farm from potatoes to hand-cooked crisps. Drawing on years of family experience and with their unique Naturalo potato, they set about creating the ultimate, non-greasy crisp with a natural crunch. Today, the crisps are stocked in prestigious UK landmarks such as the Tate and National Trust properties, as well as delis, farm shops and selected Waitrose stores.
Made with potatoes unearthed from the rich soil of the fenlands, twice cooked for double enjoyment and naturally flavoured with flair, these quintessentially British crisps are true Corkers.
Ross Taylor, Director of Corkers Crisps, says:
“Our family has been farming potatoes since the 1800s, but it was actually on the ski slopes four years ago, alongside my best friend Rod, that the idea for Corkers was born. For us, Corkers is a celebration of the quirks, tastes and traditions that make Britain so great.”
Corkers crisps are made from Naturalo potatoes, grown in the black, peaty fenland soil of Cambridgeshire, where they are hand-cooked to perfection. Available seven flavours including:
● Sea Salt – A classic crisp and a Great Taste Gold Award Winner
● Pork Sausage and English Mustard – Barbecued British bangers finished with a hint of Old English Mustard
● Red Leicester and Caramelised Onion – Slow roasted onion and rich creamy red Leicester cheese
● Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar – Made using the finest English cider, which is sweet in taste with a hint of zest
● Sweet Thai Chilli – Savoury flavours of chilli and herbs
● Sea Salt and Black Pepper – Gold Taste Award winning crisps made from sweet and hot peppers
● Gressingham Duck and Hoisin Sauce - A partnership of the Gressingham Duck and the Naturalo potato, both hailing from the Corkers family farm
So, what's the verdict on taste? My personal favourites were the Gressingham Duck and Hoisin Sauce (a bit like a delicious Chinese takeaway in one bite) and the Sweet Thai Chilli (just enough spice to pack a punch, but not so hot that it's overpowering).
Corkers Crisps are available from selected Waitrose stores, Waitrose.com and online at http://www.corkerscrisps.co.uk. Corkers crisps are available in pack sizes of 20g and 40g, with sharing packs of 150g. RRP starts from 50p for a 20g bag.
Food and Drink products and features