squeeze everything in before the New Year. Unfortunately, our hectic lifestyles can often leave us looking and feeling a bit worse for wear. To help you look and feel your best this Christmas and New Year, Gabriela Peacock, celebrity nutritionist and founder of GP Nutrition, shares her top wellbeing tips.
Gabriela Peacock's Top Tips for Feeling Fab during the Festive Season
1. Sleeping is the best time for your body to rest, rejuvenate and get into balance. Aim for 7-8 hours a night.
2. Meditation is a great way to find balance. Even if it is only for a few minutes a day, it is a wonderful way to get your body, mind and spirit into alignment.
3. Consume a balanced diet - choose a variety of foods from each food group, especially fibre-rich fruits, vegetables and grains as well as yogurts and fluids. Fibre-rich fruits and vegetables can also provide prebiotics that support the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract.
4. Establish an eating routine - eat regular meals to help promote consistent blood sugar levels and energy throughout the day and prevents overeating which can leave your digestive system feeling overwhelmed and uncomfortable.
5. Chew more - digestion starts in the mouth and thorough chewing can help with the needed breakdown of some nutrients.
6.Get moving - try to fit physical activity into your day to help promote digestive health. Even slow activities like stretching and walking will help.
7. Include green juices - Juicing allows you to absorb all the nutrients from vegetables and makes it easy to add a variety of vegetables to your diet.
8. The festive period can be a time of stress! B vitamins help the body cope with stress and control the whole nervous system. Choose wholegrains, nuts and seeds for their role in reducing stress.
To book a consultation with Gabriela, visit www.gpnutrition.co.uk.