Indulge in some happening hops...
Wristbands are available to pick up from the Sharp’s Brewery London Beer Week Hub, where you’ll be given a free beer flight to enjoy before heading on to visit an array of other pop-up bars around the Old Truman Brewery, curated to showcase the best of the festival and to get you ready for a week of beer-filled fun all over town.
Here’s our pick of the more unusual beers you can drink during London Beer Week for just £3 with your wristband:
1. Oatmeal Cookie Stout: A rich, chocolatey brew with roasted nuts and caramel created by Brew by Numbers especially for #LBW16. Available at Hawksmoor Spitalfields Bar - 157b Commercial Street, EC1 6BJ.
2. Chilli Oyster Stout: A tasty collaboration between Well & Bucket pub and brewers Anspach & Hobday especially for #LBW16. Available at the Well & Bucket - 143 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG.
3. Island Records Session IPA: A laid back, session-strength IPA bursting with juicy hop aromas and flavours of citrus & tropical fruits. Upgrade to a boilermaker with Bulleit Bourbon for £5. Available at The Gunmakers - 13 Eyre Street Hill, EC1R 5ET.
4. Beartooth American Brown Ale: A smokey, chocolatey brown ale with caramel sweetness and almond nuttiness. Upgrade to a boilermaker with Becherovka Czech liqueur for £5. Available at Foxlow - 71-73 Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 0AS.
5. DrinkUp.London Session IPA: Tropical fruited scents, with a hint of brown sugar and a dry fresh finish. Created by Melissa Cole and 40ft at Cotswold Brewing Co especially for #LBW16. Available at The DrinkUp.London Boilermaker Bar, The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL.
6. Hackney Hopster: A Pacific pale ale, light bodied, refreshing with citrus fruit flavours. Available at London Fields Taproom - 365-366 Warburton Street, E8 3RR.
7. LBW Tropical Hopjuice: Rich exotic tropical flavours to taste, an incredibly light and refreshing brew. Created by Durham Atkinson of Hops and Glory especially for #LBW16. Available at The DrinkUp.London Boilermaker Bar (Saturday only), The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL.
8. Siren Broken Dream Nitro Breakfast Stout: Milk Coffee infused Stout poured on a Nitro line to get a perfectly creamy texture. Available at The Other Room, 60 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 5TR.
9. Rubia Pilsener (Gaucho’s own beer): A light, crisp and refreshing German pilsener with fine bubbles. Upgrade to a Boilermaker with Woodford Reserve bourbon. Available at Gaucho, 5 Finsbury Avenue, EC2M 2PG.
10. Mizzen Stout: A dark, strong stout with hints of chocolate, coffee and malt sweetness. Brewed by Sharp's Brewery's 2015 Brewing Adventure Winner, Dylan Jones especially for #LBW16. Available at the Sharp’s Brewery London Beer Week Hub, Ely’s Yard, The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL.
OR why not try a “hoptail”? £5 for wristband wearers...
- Kernow Gigglemug: Sharp’s Chalky’s Bite, gin, roasted fennel seed syrup, citrus and caramelized kosovar juniper foam; available at Worship Street Whistling Shop - 63 Worship Street, EC2A 2DU
- M-ale Tai: A traditional Tiki rework made using Brewdog Punk IPA and Scotch; available at Craft Cocktail Company - Arch 253, Paradise Row, E2 9LE
- Peroni Sour: Peroni Nastro Azzurro, calvados, lemon juice and bergamot reduction; available at Union Street Cafe - 47-51 Great Suffolk St, SE1 0BS
- The Tank Old Fashioned: Pilsner Tank Beer, Woodford Reserve Bourbon, beer sugar and orange bitters; available at The Duck and Rice - 90 Berwick St, W1F 0QB
- Apri-Hop Sour: Bulleit bourbon, lemon juice, apricot liqueur, Hop House 13 Lager; available at Hop House 13 LDN (LBW pop-up) - 7 Dray Walk, Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL
- Huggalicious: A specially created hoptail made using Big Hug ale, tequila, lime juice and agave syrup; available at all London Cocktail Club venues.